How To Measure Your Handbag
This guide will assist you in measuring your custom handbag and strap.
How do I pick the right strap (handles) length for my bag?Measure the strap length of your current bag.
- Take a tape measure and measure from the top of the body of the bag to the peak of your strap.
- Find the length closes to this measurement in inches.
Strap Drop Length According to Height:Drop length is the measurement of the handle or shoulder strap of your bag. Measurement is taken from the top of your bag to the peak of your strap.
- H (5 - 5'3) - 18 inches
- H (5'2 - 5'8) - 20 inches
- H (5'5 - 6) - 23 inches
Strap Length Size:
Starting from one end of the strap where it is connected to your bag. You will measure the strap length to the opposite end of the strap.
- Short handles (Handheld): 12 - 20 inches
- Shoulder Strap: 30 - 40 inches
- Crossbody Strap: 50 inches
- Extra-long: 60 inches
- Adjustable strap: (22 to 60 inches)
Selecting a Strap Width:
Portion of the strap that rest on your shoulder or in your hand.
- Petite: - 3/8 inch - 1/2 inch
- Standard: 3/4 inch - 1 inch
- Large: 1 1/2 inch - 2 inch
Width - measure the front of your bag from left to right.
Height - measure the front of your bag from top to bottom (do not include your purse handle (s) or strap).